Ico Start Date: 15-Apr-18
Ico End Date: 15-May-18
Brain-computer Interfaces to train your brain, manipulate gadgets and enjoy new VR powerful games. BASIS NEURO is a platform for creating brain-controlled gadgets and services. Our unique neural interfaces allows everyone to add super features to their projects. We have realized the technology of neural control for smartphones, VR and games in business, education and medicine. Join us and the new NeuroFuture!Artificial Intelligence
It is generally accepted that the world is on the threshold of the fourth industrial revolution that will be based on bio-cybernetic systems. Creating direct and non-invasive interaction of the brain with external devices will be one of the key steps in the development of technology. With the advent of new technologies, a new class of business models is created and, as a consequence, does a new market of products and services, which potential is already estimated at billions of dollars. In the future there will be no keyboards, joysticks, or touchpads, a person will directly control the devices exclusively by mental commands. This is the essence of technology development - simpli cation of interaction, simpli cation of use. The pinnacle of this process, the last stage in the evolution of human interaction with surrounding devices are neuro-technologies. Advantage of the technology - in the applicability to any sphere of human life and in the possibility of implementation into any business processes. Basis Neuro is a platform for service companies and developers that will enable them to create products and services using neural interfaces for business, education, medicine, sports or art. Using Basis Neuro technological and scienti c developments, developers will be able to create health monitoring systems, systems to control smart device or smart homes, to develop mind-controlled games and entertainment projects, as well as gadgets. The participants will be able to remotely purchase the necessary neuro equipment, receive control software, to get access to algorithms for reading brain signals and an ever-expanding database of decoded patterns. Basis Neuro team provides expert and technological support, which will allow the users to exploit a range of new opportunities for their day-to-day product and service development. Eventually the Basis Neuro platform will integrate service companies, development teams and end-users into a global ecosystem, providing them with a ready basis for development and competition in the neuro-products market. To accelerate the development of the platform, Basis Neuro team made decision to launch the ICO campaign.
- To develop and advance a proprietary interface with the database, market launch. - To develop a full-fledged working prototype. - To develop sensors for reading neuro signals that operate without gel ("dry electrodes"). - To develop Basis Neuro platform.
- To create and implement a data storage and analysis system. - To release the rst version of the neural interface for home use. - Neural interface-based smart headphones. - To develop a web portal for providing the interaction between platform participants and to start online sales and service. - To provide access to the beta version of the platform and its scaling (initial integration of blockchain technologies).
- BrainFitness neural interface. - Sleep monitoring interface. - Neurocontrol in virtual reality. - Monitoring in virtual reality/ Non-Linear Plot Games. To set up a laboratory for product developers.
- To create solution package to integrate with b2b: Ef ciency monitoring. - Solutions for dangerous jobs.
- To integrate neural interface with IoT devices. - To obtain a medical license to use the interface for treatment and rehabilitation. To launch White label software and electronics for third-party developers. - To establish partnership with major game developers.
- Full-scale integration of the platform with IoT and smart homes. Development of Neuromarketing Solution Package and market launch. Full VR immersion. - An integrated system development.
Obviously they have industry experience but lack blockchain and ico skills. And it is a crucial to succeed. The team is too localised and no savvy advisors
The team should exchange this video / description with the real life work they're doing - will be more effective.
Based just on the public information here and on the Basis Neuro website (not on what I could assume, based on the knowledge about other activities of this team, which are way more impressive), I have to give that low rates to this ICO at the moment. The project itself is very good if not excellent, but the ICO looks amateur. Literally, those parts of WP, where you tell about the technology, are fine, those about the ICO and a blockchain are substandard. Very insufficient information about the actual product, lack of recognizable blockchain expert in the team, lack of financial or marketing model, lack of substantial token economics description or future token valuation model, Cayman Islands domicile in 2018, "very Russian English" in the White Paper... That can go on forever. Simply this project is not complete at least on a presentation side and therefore it is not ready for an ICO. Hope to see a lot of fixes, so I can improve the rates. Update 10.04.2018: Following the ICO profile and media updates I update the rates. It still will take more time to verify numbers (some extra rates adjustment may follow), yet improvement are well seen and have been noticed. Update 1204.2018: Updating the rates after verifying the substantial corrections.
Update rating : They added some good Advisors. team is doing good work. need some good advisors on team.
I wouldn't disagree with the other ratings with regards to blockchain experts, however, it's important to do a little more research on their product. I think their product is excellent and with a little more tweak it will have a significant application. The team has developed real-life mind-bending products. Therefore 5 and 5 for product and vision.
Very interesting concept with innovative technology. The team are all experts in their branch of industry. I would rate the team a 5 if they would include a blockchain expert / advisor .
1. The official telegram group for BasisNeuro is https://t.me/basisneurocom and has a reasonable no. of members, 2,399 as of this review and is expected to increase further. 2. BasisNeuro team of advisors is more extensive within their main website, https://basisneuro.com than within ICOBench. The BasisNeuro admin may want to add the names of the other advisors here so that ICOBench reviewers do not jump to the conclusion based on just the limited info within ICOBench itself. 3. One key competitive advantage that BasisNeuro claimed to have is its patented technology, as indicated in its FAQ https://basisneuro.com/faq/ "Do you have a patents?", the answer is "Yes, in ten years of operation of the Basis Neuro laboratory, significant discoveries in the field of neuro-technologies were obtained, which is confirmed by dozens of publications in international scientific paper. The list of patents and key publications is presented in WhitePaper." I've probed further with the team within its Telegram group and understand that (and is consistent with pg 52 of its WP, that the team claim to have 1 patent and 7 software registration. I was able to locate for the cited Russian patent application no. 2009133005/14, titled "A method for classification of electroencephalographic signals in the brain-computer interface." Vladimirsky B.M., Vladimirsky B.B., Kan M.N., Shepelev I.E. owned by The Russian Federation, represented by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (RU), the Federal State Autonomous Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education "Southern Federal University" (RU), and not BasisNeuro. Source: http://www1.fips.ru/wps/portal/Registers It is unclear if this patent is granted but I was informed that Shepelev I.E. is part of the BasisNeuro team. I did a further patent search in the Orbit.com patent database and was not able to locate for any patent under "Basis Neuro" or "BasisNeuro" but I understand from the team (in Telegram) that they are working on filing their own patent applications in the future. 4. It is unclear if the patent is currently owned by Basis Neuro or is still under the ownership of the Russian university. 5. The inventor Shepelev I.E. is visibly missing from the BasisNeuro Telegram group, I have left a message in their Telegram group stating that "Igor being part of the team is definitely great due his relevant background... do encourage Igor to be part of the Telegram team as he would certainly be able to aid your fund raising" I may revise my ratings after receiving answers to my above questions. I will also revise the team rating once the same inventor Igor has joined in their Telegram group.
Great idea. Good team with solid skills. Missing Blockchain talent and gravitas. Proprietary software goes against the concept of decentralisation and the ethos of the movement.